Breeders' Cup Releases Free iPhone and iPad App for 2012 World Championships
LOS ANGELES (Oct. 16, 2012) - The Breeders’ Cup announced today that it has launched the Official 2012 Breeders’ Cup iPhone and iPad App in advance of the Breeders’ Cup World Championships at Santa Anita Park on November 2-3. The Official 2012 Breeders’ Cup app will allow iPhone and iPad users to watch all 15 Breeders’ Cup World Championship races live and for free, as the world’s top Thoroughbreds compete for more than $25 million in purses. New this year, a live radio stream of all races will be available in the app, courtesy of Horse Racing Radio Network (HRRN).
The app is now available for download in the iTunes App Store or by visiting www.BreedersCup.com/App. Additional features and enhancements on the 2012 app include:
- Video: In addition to watching all 15 Championship race live, video replays for each race will be available shortly after each race. Users can also watch every Breeders’ Cup World Championship race ever run (1984-2011);
- News: Get the top stories and all the latest news leading up to and during the 2012 Breeders’ Cup World Championships;
- Contenders: Access important information, powered by Equibase, about each of the 15 Championship races, including biographical information and current race records for all contenders in each division;
- Official Event Program: View the official race day program, including full past performances for all horses, right through app. This feature will be activated within the app after the post position draw on 10/29;
- Wagering: Utilize the wagering information section to find the closest simulcast site based on your current location, determine the costs of your bets with a handy wagering calculator or review the Betting 101 guide;
- Live Radio Stream: Listen to live Breeders’ Cup coverage, including all 15 races, on the App courtesy of Horse Racing Radio Network (HRRN), which won an Eclipse Award for its 2010 Breeders’ Cup broadcast;
- Track Info: Get important information regarding Santa Anita Park, including seat/facility maps, post times and local weather;
- TV: Check out the TV schedule and official race day program (includes full race past performances); and
- Social: Follow the Breeders’ Cup Twitter stream right from the app.
“We continue to enhance and evolve the app to provide our fans with the best possible experience surrounding the World Championships,” said Justin McDonald, Sr. Director, Marketing and Digital Media for the Breeders’ Cup. “With two days of live video and radio streaming and sixteen sections of related content, this is our most robust app yet.”
Launched for the first time in advance of the 2010 World Championships, the combined total downloads for the Official Breeders’ Cup app exceeds more than 75,000 by fans in 86 countries.
The 2012 Official Breeders’ Cup app was developed by Prolific Interactive.
About Breeders’ Cup
The Breeders’ Cup administers the Breeders’ Cup World Championships, Thoroughbred racing’s year-end Championships. The Breeders’ Cup also administers the Breeders’ Cup Challenge qualifying series, which provides automatic starting positions into the Championships races. The 2012 Breeders’ Cup World Championships, consisting of 15 races and purses totaling more than $25 million will be held Nov. 2-3 at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, Calif., and will be televised live by NBC. The $5 million Breeders’ Cup Classic will be shown live and in primetime on NBC from 8-9 p.m. ET. Breeders’ Cup press releases appear on the Breeders’ Cup Web site, www.breederscup.com. You can also follow the Breeders’ Cup on social media platforms, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
About Prolific Interactive
Prolific Interactive is a mobile agency located in the Brooklyn neighborhood Dumbo, home of New York’s Digital District. From mobile strategy to execution, Prolific creates mobile products that focus on user experience. Clients range from brands and agencies to start-ups, putting to work their expertise in digital strategy, mobile, social media, design and development.