Hello Race Fans Launches Charity Handicapping Contest with Breeders' Cup
Bobby Flay Leads Field Competing for Charity
New York, August 2, 2012 – Hello Race Fans, Incorporated today announced the formation of a charity-focused fantasy handicapping league. Twenty participants are playing for a chance to have $2,500 donated to the charity of their choice.
Powered by the new Breeders’ Cup Fantasy ‘Capping online game (www.fantasycapping.com), the public can follow the weekly action via the league’s public leaderboard (www.fantasycapping.com/helloracefans).
- Michael Beychok – Reigning NTRA/DRF National Handicapping Champion
- Dana Byerly – Co-founder of Hello Race Fans!
- Jessica Chapel – Co-founder of KentuckyConfidential.com and Railbird author
- Pete Denk – Handicapper for the Blood-Horse
- Ed DeRosa – Marketing Director at BRIS (a Hello Race Fans! sponsor)
- Jeanine Edwards – ESPN reporter for College Football, College Basketball, Horse Racing, and general sports news coverage.
- Bobby Flay – Chef and Thoroughbred enthusiast
- Teresa Genaro – Thoroughbred Times, New York Daily News, Daily Racing Form, the Saratogian and BelmontStakes.com contributor, Brooklyn Backstretch author and Hello Race Fans! Contributing Editor
- Ted Grevelis – Grevelis Racing owner, Daily Racing Form’s Canterbury Park correspondent and Owning Racehorses author
- Valerie Grash – Author of Foolish Pleasure and Fillies First
- J.J. Hysell – Louisville.com contributor and In the Money author
- Kevin Martin – Author of Colin’s Ghost
- Michael “The Grinder” Mizrachi – Professional Poker Player who won the 2010 and 2012 World Series of Poker $50,000 Players Championship
- Ernie Munick – NYRA Raceday co-host and Breeders’ Cup vlogger
- Melissa Nolan – KTA/KTOB Marketing Director
- Ray Paulick – Paulick Report founder and publisher
- Mike Penna – Horse Racing Radio Network (HRRN) President and host
- Chris Rossi – Hello Race Fans! Contributing Editor
- Peter Rotondo Jr. and Sr. (Team Rotondo) – Junior is a Breeders' Cup executive, while Senior is a lifelong handicapper
- Adam Wiener – Co-founder of Hello Race Fans!
Participants will make a fantasy wager each week on a Breeders’ Cup prep race, beginning with the Whitney Stakes at Saratoga this Saturday. After the final two races – the Breeders’ Cup Ladies Classic and the Breeders’ Cup Classic – the person with the largest bankroll for the season wins. The Breeders’ Cup will fund the donation in the name of the winner.
“We’ve got a great group of participants including horse racing broadcasters, professional handicappers, journalists, bloggers and a celebrity owner,” said Dana Byerly, Hello Race Fans Co-founder. “What could be better than fierce competition for a good cause?”
Breeders’ Cup on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BreedersCup
Breeders’ Cup on Twitter: http://twitter.com/breederscup
Hello Race Fans on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/HelloRaceFans
Hello Race Fans on Twitter: http://twitter.com/helloracefans
About Hello Race Fans, Inc.
Hello Race Fans, Inc. was founded in 2008 with the goal of providing horse racing fans and players at all levels, from potential fans to regular players, a way to engage with, learn about and follow horse racing. Hello Race Fans is the preferred fan education partner of the Breeders’ Cup. The company, co-founded by Dana Byerly and Adam Wiener, operates a fan education website (HelloRaceFans.com), an independent news, video, social media and blog aggregation site (Raceday360.com) and an advertising network (HelloRaceFans.com/network).
About Breeders’ Cup Limited
The Breeders’ Cup administers the Breeders’ Cup World Championships, Thoroughbred racing’s year-end Championships. The Breeders’ Cup also administers the Breeders’ Cup Challenge qualifying series, which provides automatic starting positions into the Championships races. The 2012 Breeders’ Cup World Championships, consisting of 15 races and purses totaling more than $25 million, will be held Nov. 2-3 at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, Calif., and be televised live on the NBC Sports Network. The Breeders’ Cup Classic will be shown live and in primetime on NBC. Breeders’ Cup press releases appear on the Breeders’ Breeders’ Cup Web site. Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.