ARCADIA, Calif. (October 22, 2013) - The Breeders' Cup announced the official race order, wagering menu and post times for the 30th Breeders' Cup World Championships, to be held on Friday, November 1 and Saturday, November 2 at Santa Anita Park. This year's wagering menu on the 14 Breeders' Cup races features an abundance of wagering opportunities including two Breeders' Cup Ultra Pick Sixes, 10-cent Superfectas, 50-cent Trifectas, Pick 3’s and Pick 4’s, a Breeders' Cup Distaff/Classic daily double and two Super High 5 wagers.
There will be a total of 11 races (five Breeders' Cup races) on the Championship Friday program and 12 races on Championship Saturday (9 Breeders' Cup races). Championship Friday begins at 10:40 a.m. Pacific Time with five undercard races. Champion Saturday first post is 10:15 a.m., and also begins with three undercards races.
Breeders’ Cup has announced that there will be $10,000,000 in guaranteed gross pools over the two days. Friday’s guarantees include: $500,000 Pick 5 on races 1-5; a $1,000,000 Pick 6 on races 5-10; and a $1.5 million late Pick 4 on races 7-10. On Saturday, the guarantees include: a $500,000 Pick 5 guarantee on races 1-5; a $1 million early Pick 4 on races 4-7; a $2.5 million Ultra Pick 6 on races 7-12; and a $3 million late Pick 4 on races 9-12.
The first Championships race on Breeders’ Cup Friday is scheduled to be the $500,000 Breeders' Cup Marathon (1:45 p.m.), followed by the $1 million Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (2:25 p.m.); $1 million Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile (3:05 p.m.); $1 million Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (3:50 p.m.) and the $2 million Breeders' Cup Distaff (4:35 p.m.). There will be an Ultra Pick Six on the five Friday Breeders’ Cup races and the Twilight Derby, which will be run as the fifth race. The $150,000 President of the United Arab Emirates Cup race for Arabian horses will follow the Distaff as race eleven.
On Championship Saturday, first post time is 10:15 a.m., starting with the Juvenile Turf Sprint Stakes, the Damascus Stakes and the Ken Maddy Stakes. The order of Breeders’ Cup races is as follows: $2 million Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies (12:05 p.m.); $2 million Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (12:43 p.m.); $1 million Filly & Mare Sprint (1:21 p.m.); $1 million Geico Breeders’ Cup Turf Sprint (2:05 p.m.); $2 million Breeders’ Cup Juvenile (2:45 p.m.), $3 million Breeders' Cup Turf (3:25 p.m.); $1.5 million Xpressbet Breeders' Cup Sprint (4:05); $2 million Breeders' Cup Mile (4:42 p.m.) and the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic (5:35 p.m.).. There will be an Ultra Pick Six with a guaranteed gross pool of $2.5 million on the Saturday program beginning with the Breeders’ Cup Turf Sprint (race 7) and concluding with the Breeders’ Cup Classic (race 12).
"The Breeders’ Cup continues to offer the biggest fields of Grade 1 horses, combined with a wagering menu that that offers betting value from top to bottom and across all pools ” said Ken Kirchner, President of FalKirk International and the manager of the Breeders' Cup wagering and simulcasting operations for the last 17 years. “With fifty cent trifectas, Pick 3s, Pick 4s and Pick 5s, along with ten cent superfectas, and a Pick 6 that has paid millions of dollars in the past; players understand that they are only one bet away from cashing a ticket that could make their wagering year!”
Each Breeders' Cup World Championships race will feature a maximum of 14 horses and wagering interests with the exception of the Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile, which is limited to 12 starters. In addition to the standard Win, Place and Show betting, there will be Exacta and Trifecta wagering on every race and rolling Pick 3 wagers beginning with the first race and continuing through all races on both Championship Friday and Championship Saturday. Among the featured wagers this year are:
- Breeders’ Cup Pick 5’s with a fifty-cent minimum bet value. The wager will be offered on the first five races each day and will give players a chance to cash a large bet for a small investment. The wager may carryover from Friday to Saturday but is a mandatory payout on Saturday. In 2012, Friday’s Pick 5 paid $37,705 for a fifty cent wager.
- Friday's Ultra Pick 6 will have a guaranteed gross pool of $1,000,000 and Saturday's Ultra Pick 6 will feature a $2 million guaranteed gross pool. If no one hits the Friday Ultra Pick 6, the pool will carry over into Saturday's Ultra Pick 6. The wager may also carryover from Saturday’s program into Sunday. In such case, the Pick 6 would be a mandatory payout on Santa Anita’s closing day program on Sunday, November 3rd. Last year, Friday’s Pick 6 paid $773,865 for a $2 wager. Saturday’s Pick 6 paid $419,245.
- Breeders’ Cup continues to offer some of racing’s highest payouts. Trifecta and Sueprfectas continue to pay huge dividends. Last year saw $1 trifectas pay $1,791, $1,950 and $2,721. Superfecta payouts were $54,432, $15,261 and $12,476 for a $1 bet.
- A Daily Double wager linking the Breeders' Cup Distaff on Friday to the Breeders' Cup Classic on Saturday will again be offered. Last year’s “Classic Double” of Distaff winner Royal Delta and Classic winner Fort Larned paid $31.
- Other Wagering Highlights this year are: The Pick 4, with a 50-cent minimum, continues to be a fan favorite bet at the Breeders' Cup. Friday's late Pick 4 (races 7-10) will have a guaranteed pool of $1,500,000. On Saturday, there will be two guaranteed Pick 4s. The early all Championships Pick 4 (races 4-7) will have a $1,000,000 guaranteed gross pool and the late all Championships Pick 4 (races 9-12) will have a $3,000,000 million gross pool. The 2012 late Saturday Pick 4 paid $5,647 for a fifty cent wager.
- There will be a Super High Five wager on both the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf and the Breeders' Cup Classic. Bettors are required to select the first five finishing places on one ticket. If no one hits the Super High Five on Friday the pool will carry over to Saturday's Super High Five on the Classic. The wager is a mandatory payout after the Classic. Last year, Saturday’s Classic Super Hi 5 paid $14,024 for a $1 bet. The bet minimum for this wager has been reduced to fifty cents.
2013 BREEDERS’ CUP WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS POST TIME AND WAGERING SCHEDULE
All Times Pacific
(Breeders’ Cup races in bold)
Friday, November 1
1. Allowance 10:40 am WPS EX TRI SUPER PICK 3 DD Pick 5
2. 300 North Capital Allowance 11:15 am WPS EX TRI SUPER PICK 3 DD
3. Golden State Juvenile Fillies Stakes 11:50 pm WPS EX TRI SUPER PICK 3 DD Pick 4
4. Golden State Juvenile 12:27 pm WPS EX TRI SUPER PICK 3 DD
5. Twilight Derby (gr. II) 1:02 pm WPS EX TRI SUPER PICK 3 DD Pick 6
6. $500,000 Breeders’ Cup Marathon (gr. II) 1:45 pm WPS EX TRI SUPER PICK 3 DD
7. $1 million Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. I) 2:25 pm WPS EX TRI SUPER PICK 3 DD Pick 4
8. $1 million Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I) 3:05 pm WPS EX TRI SUPER PICK 3 DD
9. $1 million Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. I) 3:50 pm WPS EX TRI SUPER PICK 3 DD Super Hi 5
10. $2 million Breeders’ Cup Distaff (gr. I) 4:35 pm WPS EX TRI SUPER Special DD
11. $150,00 President of the United Arab Emirates Cup (gr. 1) 5:10 pm WPS EX TRI SUPER
Saturday, November 2
1. Juvenile Turf Sprint 10:15 am WPS EX TRI SUPER PICK 3 DD PICK 5
2. Damascus Stakes 10:50 am WPS EX TRI SUPER PICK 3 DD
3. Ken Maddy Stakes (gr. III) 11:25 am WPS EX TRI SUPER PICK 3 DD
4. $2 million Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) 12:05 pm WPS EX TRI SUPER PICK 3 DD PICK 4
5. $1 million Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. I) 12:43 pm WPS EX TRI SUPER PICK 3 DD
6. $1 Million Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Sprint (gr. I) 1:21 pm WPS EX TRI SUPER PICK 3 DD
7. $1 million Geico Breeders’ Cup Turf Sprint (gr. I) 2:05 pm WPS EX TRI SUPER PICK 3 DD PICK 6
8. $1 million Breeders’ Cup Juvenile (gr. I) 2:43 pm WPS EX TRI SUPER PICK 3 DD
9. $3 million Breeders’ Cup Turf (gr. I) 3:22 pm WPS EX TRI SUPER PICK 3 DD PICK 4
10. $1.5 million Xpressbet Breeders’ Cup Sprint (gr. I) 4:01 pm WPS EX TRI SUPER PICK 3 DD
11. $2 million Breeders’ Cup Mile (gr. I) 4:40 pm WPS EX TRI SUPER DD
12. $5 million Breeders’ Cup Classic (gr. I) 5:35 pm WPS EX TRI SUPER Sup Hi 5
BOLD are Breeders’ Cup World Championships races
- Friday’s Pick 5, Super Hi 5 and Pick 6 may carryover from Friday to Saturday.
- The Pick 6 may carryover from Saturday to Sunday, with a mandatory payout Sunday, November 3.
- The Pick 5 and Super Hi 5 are mandatory payouts on Saturday, November 2.
- NOTE that race 11 on Friday, November 1 is the President of the UAE Cup, an Arabian race.
- Special Distaff/Classic Daily Double on Friday race 10 and Saturday race 12.
$2.00 - WIN, PLACE, SHOW, DAILY DOUBLE, PICK 6,
$1.00 - EXACTA,CLASSIC DAILY DOUBLE, $.50 - TRIFECTA, PICK 3, PICK 4, PICK 5, SUPER HI 5
$.10 - SUPERFECTA