LEXINGTON, KY. (October 30, 2015) – The Breeders’ Cup today announced the renewal of its collaboration with luxury fashion retailer Theory, furthering the brand’s commitment to enhancing the high level of fashion and sophistication at the Breeders’ Cup World Championships. Taking place at the iconic Keeneland Race Course in Lexington, Kentucky on October 30th and 31st, the 2015 Breeders’ Cup World Championships is one of the world’s most prestigious international thoroughbred racing events.
Building off the success of the 2014 collaboration, Theory will once again curate custom-tailored looks for horsemen and women by outfitting the Theory Track Team. Comprised of a select group of jockeys, television personalities, and high-profile horse owners, the Track Team will lead the fashion conversation at the 2015 Breeders’ Cup World Championships sporting pieces hand-selected from Theory’s Fall/Winter 2015 collection. Returning members of the Theory Track Team include decorated jockey Mike Smith and actress Bo Derek, while newcomers include American Pharoah co-owner Justin Zayat and celebrity chef Bobby Flay.
Spearheaded by Theory CEO and Founder Andrew Rosen, a long-time Breeders’ Cup participant and thoroughbred owner, the apparel company’s participation offers Theory the opportunity to redefine the high-fashion experience at the country’s most prestigious horseracing event of the year.
“We are honored to continue Breeders’ Cup’s partnership with one of the world’s leading high-fashion retailers,” said Peter Rotondo, Vice President of Media & Entertainment at Breeders’ Cup. “Given the many similarities and synergies between horse-racing aficionados and fashion-lovers, this partnership is a natural fit, and we are excited to continue strengthening our relationship, and, through this unique collaboration, continue offering Breeder’s Cup attendees the most high-end, luxury horse-racing experience available.”
As a returning partner for Breeders’ Cup, Theory has also selected a few accessories items that complement the equestrian lifestyle to include in gifting opportunities to top thoroughbred owners and breeders participating in this year’s prestigious event.
The 2015 Theory Track Team includes:
• Justin Zayat – Co-owner of American Pharoah
• Jill Baffert – Horse Owner and wife of Triple Crown winning trainer, Bob Baffert
• Mike Smith –All-time winningest jockey in Breeders’ Cup history
• Victor Espinoza –Triple Crown Winning jockey as American Pharoah’s rider
• Gary & Angie Stevens – Gary is a Hall-of-fame jockey and star of the Academy Award nominated film, Seabiscuit
• Javier & Abby Castellano – Javier is a Two-time Eclipse Award winning jockey and five-time Breeders’ Cup champion
• John & Leona Velazquez – John is a Hall-of-fame jockey and one of the all-time leading money-earning jockeys in North America
• Laffit Pincay – Co-host of the Breeders’ Cup coverage on NBC Sports
• Carolyn Manno –Breeders’ Cup reporter for NBC Sports
• Matt Bernier – Daily Racing Form handicapper for the Breeders’ Cup on NBC Sports
Breeders’ Cup Executives:
• Cathie Fravel – Wife of CEO and President of Breeders’ Cup Craig Fravel
• Stefanie Palmieri – Breeders’ Cup Senior Director of Events and Community Relations
• Heather Higgins – Breeders’ Cup Vice President of Corporate Partnership
• Amy Lasky – Breeders’ Cup Director, Event Services
About Breeders’ Cup
The Breeders’ Cup administers the Breeders’ Cup World Championships, Thoroughbred racing’s year-end Championships. The Breeders’ Cup also administers the Breeders’ Cup Challenge qualifying series, which provides automatic starting positions into the Championships races. The 2015 Breeders’ Cup World Championships, consisting of 13 Grade 1 races and purses totaling $26 million, will be held October 30-31 at Keeneland Race Course in Lexington, Ky., and will be televised live by the NBC Sports Group. Breeders’ Cup press releases appear on the Breeders’ Cup Web site, www.breederscup.com. You can also follow the Breeders’ Cup on social media platforms, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Founded by Andrew Rosen in 1997, Theory revolutionized the contemporary market with its concept of the urban uniform, a modern edit of elevated essentials. A leader in Fast Retailing Group’s dossier, Theory balances luxury with accessibility in collections known for precisely tailored silhouettes and exceptional fabrics.