Taste of LA, Presented by NBC4, Comes to Breeders' Cup World Championships
What: Taste of LA, presented by NBC4, is a celebration of unique and signature Los Angeles cuisine, taking place for the first time during the 29th running of the Breeders’ Cup World Championships, November 2-3 at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA. The Breeders’ Cup has become the unofficial culmination of the thoroughbred-racing season, and attracts the best horses, trainers and owners from across the globe. Ten Los Angeles chefs and food vendors will be cooking up a range of culinary offerings for attending guests to enjoy during the races. Vouchers will be on sale at the ticket kiosks around the Kingsbury Fountain in $5, $10 and $15 increments for menu items ranging in price from $5-$15.
Tickets to the Breeders’ Cup can still be purchased at www.breederscup.com. Tune-in on Saturday, November 3, 8:00 PM-9:00 PM ET to NBC for primetime coverage of the $5 million Breeders’ Cup Classic, and Tony Bennett’s performance of “The Best Is Yet To Come.”
When: November 2-3, 2012, 11am – 4pm
Where: Paddock Fountain Area at Santa Anita Park, 285 W. Huntington Drive, Arcadia, CA 91007
Chefs and Menu Items
Goodie Girls Cupcakes – Annette Starbuck and her team of bakers created this year’s Official Breeders’ Cupcake, with a portion of the proceeds benefitting the charity Children Mending Hearts.
- The Official Breeders’ Cupcake: Blueberry Lemondrop – blueberry cake frosted with a lemon Swiss meringue and topped with zesty lemon sugar. $5
- Pumpkin Pancake Cupcake – spiced pumpkin cake with a maple drizzle, frosted with a maple buttercream and topped with chopped toasted pecans. $5
BACON MANia – The BACON MANia truck serves unabashedly American, unapologetic man-food from a fun, friendly and a little bit funky nomadic food truck throughout Orange County.
- BACON Mashtinis – hand mashed potatoes layered with bacon-centric topping combinations, served in a Martini glass. $10 plain, $15 with thick-cut strips of artisan bacon (Jack Daniel’s Bacon, Garlic Bacon, Mesquite Bacon).
- Smashed – mashed sweet potatoes layered with whiskey-braised pulled pork, crispy hickory smoked bacon and our legendry XXX BBQ sauce.
- Loaded – garlic cheese mashed potatoes loaded with smoked cheddar, hickory smoked bacon, scallions, butter and sour cream.
- Buttered – Yukon Gold mashed potatoes, lobster, scallions, hickory smoked bacon slathered with clarified lemon butter.
bling bling dumplings – Inspired by handmade street food while on a visit back to Taiwan, bling bling dumpling reinvents family recipes with new and inventive flavorings that satisfy all, from the heartiest of vegans to the most discerning of omnivores.
- Lunch Box includes 5 organic homemade dumplings with mixed green salad and vegetable fried rice. $15
- Choose one dumpling type per lunch box. Choices include: Cheeseburger, Ginger Pork and bling bling Vegan
The Gorbals – Top Chef winner Ilan Hall’s inspiration behind The Gorbals is an amalgam of many different ethnicities. Born to travel-hungry Scottish and Israeli parents of Eastern-European descent, chef/owner Ilan Hall was exposed to international food from an early age. The Gorbals is a spot for new and diverse ideas, and for tasty, oddball food that is there for anyone who is willing to eat something that does not fall into a category.
- Meatball Parmesan Burger – meatball burger, Parmesan crisp, whipped garlic and a bag of chips. $15
Heirloom LA – In the past 3 years, Matt Poley and Tara Maxey have taken the catering world by storm with their now famous Lasagna Cupcake™, and their newly built private tasting room in Eagle Rock, The Salon, has received several notable accolades.
- Heirloom LA Signature Lasagna Cupcakes™ – all $10:
- Beef Short Rib & Robiola with Sweet & Sour Onions
- Heirloom Tomato & Burrata Cheese
- Wild Boar Bolognese Grandma Style with Mozzarella & Parmesan
- Add Farmers’ Market Salad – $5:
- Chef’s Choice of Market Greens, Seasonal Fruits & Vegetables with Housemade Vinaigrette
Kogi BBQ – Within a few shorts years of putting street food on the map, Roy Choi’s Kogi BBQ has become an icon of LA street food, a roving symbol of rebellion, independence and the belief that excellent food can be had on a dime budget.
- 1 Kogi Short Rib Taco & 1 Kogi Chicken Taco – crispy griddled corn tortillas, double-caramelized Korean BBQ short rib & citrus-marinated chicken, salsa roja, cilantro-onion-lime relish, fresh slaw tossed in chili soy vinaigrette & crushed toasted sesame seeds to finish. 2 for $5
- Kogi Tofu Tacos – two crispy griddled corn tortillas, chili-marinated tofu, salsa verde, cilantro-onion-lime relish, fresh slaw tossed in chili soy vinaigrette & crushed toasted sesame seeds to finish. 2 for $5
MeSoHungry – A Southern California native, Chef Cory Ewing and his MeSoHungry food truck brings quality gourmet food, infused with bold flavors from seasonal ingredients, to the masses without the gourmet price.
- KTM Sliders & Sweet Potato Fries – marinated short ribs, pepper jack cheese, crispy onions and spicy crème fraîche, served with sweet potato fries. $15
Mo-Chica – Peruvian Chef Ricardo Zarate elevates and modernizes the traditional dishes of his homeland, and will be sharing dishes from his new downtown location, which has become one of the city’s most sought-after dining destinations.
- Colita de Res – braised oxtail, barley risotto, aji amarillo-huancaína sauce, salsa criolla. $15
The Slummin’ Gourmet – The Slummin’ Gourmet food truck offers the “in-between” – gourmet food that isn’t too uppity. From his ever popular Walnut Shrimp Tacos to his Kobe Beef Sliders, Tony, Sous Chef Gabe and crew crank out some of the tastiest, classiest culinary fare ever to come off a food truck.
- Five Spiced Braised Pork “Kakuni” – with creamy polenta & Granny Smith apple-frisée slaw, tossed in citrus vinaigrette. $15
!Stop, Guac N Roll! – From husband and wife team Marcel and Alyse, !Stop, Guac n’ Roll! is LA’s newest and first gourmet Mexican BBQ food truck of its kind. Inspired by Marcel’s family’s cooking, their creations are made from the freshest and most authentic Mexican ingredients and spices.
- BBQ Beef Brisket Burrito – with lime cilantro coleslaw, pickled de gallo, guac sauce and deep fried avocado. $15
- January 8, 2022
Jet Dark Successfully Defends Title in L'Ormarins Queen's Plate in South Africa and Gains Automatic Berth into FanDuel Breeders' Cup Mile
Messrs. C.T. Crowe & N. Jonsson’s 4-year- Jet Dark (SAF) successfully defended his title in Saturday’s 1-mile R1.5 million L’Ormarins Queen’s Plate (G1) at Kenilworth Racecourse with a 2 ¼-length win over favored Kommetdieding (SAF).
- January 7, 2022
Defending Champion Jet Dark Headlines Saturday's L'Ormarins Queen's Plate in South Africa for Automatic Berth into FanDuel Breeders' Cup Mile
Messrs. C.T. Crowe & N. Jonsson’s 4-year-old defending champion Jet Dark (SAF) is slated to face 10 rivals entered for Saturday’s 1-mile R1.5 million L’Ormarins Queen’s Plate (G1) at Kenilworth Racecourse in Cape Town.
- December 11, 2021
Village King Dominates Gran Premio Carlos Pellegrini in Argentina and Gains Automatic Berth into 2022 Longines Breeders' Cup Turf
Haras El Angel De Venecia’s 7-year-old Village King (ARG) took the lead with two furlongs remaining and cruised to a 9-length victory Saturday in the 1 ½-mile Gran Premio Carlos Pellegrini-Internacional (G1) at Hipódromo de San Isidro.