Here are a few things you might want to know about our security protocol so your day at the races is as enjoyable as possible.
- General Admission: Children 12 and under are admitted free along with a paid adult. Please note all general admission passes are pre-sold, there are NO event day ticket sales.
- All patrons, no matter of age, must purchase a ticket for a reserved seat. All tickets (reserved seats included) are sold in advance of event days. There are NO event day ticket sales at the racetrack.
PERMITTED ITEMS ON BREEDERS’ CUP DAYS
- Cellular telephones, cameras (none equipped with detachable lenses or lenses of 6” or more), and camcorders
- Laptops (subject to search, may be asked to turn on)
- Purses and baby bags (all subject to search and tagged)
- Backpacks (no larger than 13”x9”x17”) and subject to search and tagged
- Strollers (only if carrying a child-no other items allowed)
- Service Animals with identifying vest designating their service
- Seat cushions smaller than 15”x15” and do not contain metal arms and/or backs
- Umbrellas (must be less than 12” when folded, no oversized umbrellas allowed)
BANNED ITEMS ON BREEDERS’ CUP DAYS
Upon entrance, guests will be required to return such items to their vehicles or discard them. If parking at an offsite shuttle location guests will be required to return such items to their vehicle. Keeneland will not be responsible for any items left near the admission entrances and such items may be thrown away.
- Alcoholic beverages, marijuana or cannabis related products or any illegal substance
- No outside chairs are allowed inside the Admission gates, except for The Hill (see detail below)
- No outside food or beverages inside Admission gates, except dietary needs or baby formula
- Balloons, balls, or Frisbees
- Drones or any motorized remote control devices
- Duffel bags
- Selfie Sticks
- Glass bottles or containers
- No small personal music systems, radios and/or televisions
- Weapons (including folding knives of 3” or more or fixed blade knife in a sheath)
- Pepper spray, Mace or any other aerosol spray (Regardless of CCDW permit. Off-duty, or retired, law enforcement only)
- Any item or makeup, which covers a person’s face and prevents facial recognition
The designated tailgating lot at THE HILL is located adjacent to the Keene Barn & Entertainment Center.
The enhanced tailgating lot, dubbed “The Hill”, takes tailgating to a whole new level with a variety of fan-friendly amenities, including food trucks, jumbo television screen, merchandise kiosk, restrooms and cash bars set throughout. To make the day a little more enjoyable for everyone, please observe the following rules:
- Tents (see below for more detail)
- Lawn chairs
- Outside food, coolers (non-alcoholic beverages only) are permitted
- Off-duty uniformed officers patrol these lots each day.
- Open bars and kegs are NOT permitted
- Licensed Caterer is only person authorized to sell alcohol.
- Laws pertaining to disorderly conduct and underage drinking will be strictly enforced
- Dumping of hot coals on the ground is strictly prohibited
- No soliciting
- Dogs must be on a leash
Tailgating Tents at the Hill
- Only certain areas are designated appropriate for tents.
- Tents must be no larger than 20’ X 40’, unless approved by Keeneland
- Unless otherwise approved by Keeneland, tents must be secured in accordance with the law in our designated tailgate area.
- Excessive commercial signage is NOT permitted. Tents may hang signs or banners approximately 2’ X 3’ to direct guests to tent entrance.
- Beer kegs are not permitted and will be confiscated
- No DJs or amplified sound is allowed
- Tents can go up once you arrive on site each event day and must be removed after the races are over for that day. No tents are allowed to remain overnight.
For any questions, please contact Keeneland at (859) 288-4245.